Summer's officially underway and with a long weekend on the horizon, we wanted to give you hard working go-getters a refreshing treat to cool you off -- and keep your mind sharp.
So kick back with your journal, a good book and get ready to say, "ahhhh."
Productive Energy with a hint of mint, and peach!
Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 cups of boiling water
- 4 tea bags, strings removed
- 2 cups of cold water
- Peach slices (optional)
- Mint sprigs (optional)
1) In a large pot, add 2 cups of water and 2 sliced peaches. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Be sure to stir the mixture as you heat it up
2) Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, or until peaches are fragrant and soft
3) Allow mixture to cool almost completely. Squeeze peaches, or mash to release juices. Remove peach pulp
4) While peach syrup is cooling, place tea bags in a large pot and add boiling water
5) Let tea steep for about 10 minutes. Remove tea bags.
6) In a large pitcher, combine peach syrup, lemon juice, tea, two cups of cold water and stir. Place in fridge to chill
Serve in glasses over ice and garnish with mint and peach slices. Enjoy!
Want to make it an adult version?
If you're looking for something with a bit more bite, add a shot of bourbon or vodka to your glass for a little boozy delight. You'll want 1-1.5 oz. of liquor for 6.5 oz. of the iced tea.
Thank you to #CogniTeam member, Hannah Gerry, for the idea of making a peach iced tea!
Aaron is leading the charge with Marketing and Sales here at CogniTea. He is deeply passionate about helping people become their best versions of themselves, and loves being in the great outdoors. You can find him running around Boston/Cambridge/Somerville, organizing meetups, hiking, meditating, writing, and generally exploring the world!
You can follow him on Twitter: @aarongerry