Skip to content
Home - Brewing Instructions
Hot Brew Instructions
- Bring your water to a boil (~212 F, 100 C at sea level) and drop the bag in the water.
- Loosen the leaves with a spoon by pressing gently on the bag and circulating it around in the water.
- Cover the mug so heat is retained as much possible (this step is optional).
- Steep for as long as you want, but try to exceed ten minutes. Remember: CogniTea does not get bitter, it gets better.
- If you choose to take the bag out (you can leave it in the entire time you drink) squeeze the bag so all of the heavily saturated water ends up in the mug.
Cold Brew Instructions
- Use ~8oz of filtered water for every bag of CogniTea you use.
- Put the bags in the water and stir slightly to ensure the bag is immersed in water. Note - the bags will float to the surface which is okay.
- Leave the bags steeping for 12-18 hours. You can leave on counter or in the fridge.
- After steeping, remove the bags, pour over ice and enjoy! Try garnishing with fresh mint or lemon!
- Store any remaining CogniTea in an airtight container in the fridge.